Test Engineer ROS Programming (m/f/d)
Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy (ATB), Potsdam
The Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Engineering and Bioeconomy is a pioneer and a driver of bioeconomy research. We create the scientific foundation to transform agricultural, food, industrial and energy systems into a comprehensive bio-based circular economy. We develop and integrate techniques, processes and management strategies, effectively converging technologies to intelligently crosslink highly diverse bioeconomic production systems and to control them in a knowledge-based, adaptive and largely automated manner. We conduct research in dialogue with society - knowledge-motivated and application-inspired.
The overarching research topic of the Department of Technology in Crop Production is the development of knowledge-based, environmentally driven, application-oriented crop production systems - through digitalised and automated precision crop production. Our main tasks are the development of sensor systems and the automation of data acquisition and work processes.
In order to expand our team of specialists, we are looking to recruit an
Test Engineer ROS Programming (m/f/d)
in the field of Development, implementation and verification of the functionality of concepts for the automation of working machines.
In our automation group, you will be involved in the development and implementation of functions in the ROS (Robot Operating System) development environment. The functions are intended to contribute to the automated and autonomous operation of agricultural machinery. You will work in an interdisciplinary team with partners from industry and science on a very application-oriented topic.
- Contributing to the creation of functional specifications
- Contributing to the design and development of automation and localisation concepts
- Building systems to prove the functionality of the concepts for the automation and localisation tasks
- Developing functional models and carrying out various tests on the vehicle under real conditions. This includes the complete process starting with the test planning, the evaluation and the documentation
- Successfully completed technical studies (BSc, MSc, Dipl.-Ing. [FH]) in the field of computer science, electrical or automation engineering, mechatronics or similar
- Expertise and interest in working with ROS
Experience/knowledge is desirable:
- in the implementation of functions for an automated and autonomous operation of working machines/robots
- in the processing of sensor data
- in BUS communication
- in Matlab/Simulink, C++
- Reliable and systematic way of working
- Ability to work in a team, motivated and able to interact with scientists from different disciplines to create synergies within a multidisciplinary group
- Enthusiasm for forward-looking developments and technologies in the agricultural machinery sector
- Communication and writing skills in English and German
- European Driving license class B is an advantage
- Work in an interdisciplinary team in an attractive professional environment
- Opportunity to specialise in a particularly innovative field of research (area of digitalisation in agriculture)
- Access to national and international networks for your scientific career
- Family-friendly working conditions that promote the compatibility of work and family life
- Company-owned electric bicycles for business trips
- Participation on the VBB company ticket
- Our institute is located on the edge of a picturesque park-like landscape and is easy to reach by public transport or by bike
The full-time position (100%) is initially limited until September 30th, 2023 for project-related reasons. The position will be filled subject to the grant from the funding source. The salary will be based on your qualification and professional experience according to TV-L.
For further information, please contact Dr.-Ing. Dirk-Niklas Müller (dmueller(at)atb-potsdam.de).
If you would like to contribute your professional competence to our interdisciplinary research, please apply by the following deadline September 28th, 2022 using ATB’s online application form for the job advertisement, code 2022-4-14, at https://www.atb-potsdam.de/en/career/vacancies. Applications received after the application deadline cannot be considered.
Equality of opportunity is part of our personnel policy. Disabled applicants with adequate qualification will be preferentially considered.
By submitting an application, you agree that your job application documents will be stored for a period of six months, even in the case of an unsuccessful application. Further information on the processing, storage and protection of your personal data can be found at https://www.atb-potsdam.de/en/services/data-protection-declaration-for-the-application-process.