Deutsches Institut für Ernährungsforschung (DIfE), Potsdam-Rehbrücke
The German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam-Rehbruecke (DIfE) is a member of the Leibniz Association. The institute’s mission is to conduct experimental and clinical research in the field of nutrition and health, with the aim of understanding the molecular basis of nutrition-dependent diseases, and of developing new strategies for treatment and prevention (Website).
We invite applications for the department Molecular Epidemiology (MEP) for
Conduct of research within the frame of the DFG funded Research Group TraceAge related to biomarkers of trace element status and the development of age-related chronic diseases:
- Statistical analyses to characterize the relationship of trace element profiles and the risk of cardiometabolic disease and physical fitness in the population-based EPIC-Potsdam cohort study
- Communication with Trace Age project partners and coordination of biomarker profiling activities related to EPIC-Potsdam
- Support of partner projects, e.g. by evaluating specific trace element related hypotheses in EPIC-Potsdam
Requirements and Skills
- Exceptionally qualified applicants from academic backgrounds in biomedical science and PhD degree
- Expertise in epidemiological methods, preferably by post-graduate training of health sciences/epidemiology
- Expertise with statistical software packages (SAS)
- Research experience in the field of nutrition and cardiometabolic diseases would be an asset
- Highly motivated and the desire to interact with different national and international research groups
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent English (in speaking and writing) and computer skills
We expect a very high degree of motivation, teamwork, independence, ability and willingness to engage in interdisciplinary collaboration in a diverse research environment.
We offer a vibrant and interactive research setting, excellent working conditions, close collaboration with national and international project partners, state-of-the-art equipment and support mobility with a jobticket for using the public transport.
The advertised position is available for 2 years. The level of salary will be determined on the basis of standard/tariff conditions, present qualifications and professional experience (TV-L, level E 13).
Please send your documents (cover letter explaining your motivation, CV, copies of degrees/certificates and references) as a single pdf-file with reference nr. 2021_W04_L before October 6th, 2021 via e-mail tojobs(at)dife.de.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Matthias Schulze, Head of the Department of Molecular Epidemiology, mschulze(at)dife.de.
By submitting your application documents, you grant us the right to collect, process, and use your personal data exclusively for the application selection process. For further information about your rights according to the data protection law, please contact the department Human Resources and Social Services (jobs(at)dife.de).