Information Services Coordinator (gn)
Leibniz-Zentrum für Marine Tropenforschung GmbH (ZMT), Bremen
The Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research GmbH (www.leibniz-zmt.de) is an independent research and teaching institute that provides scientific knowledge for the protection and sustainable use of tropical coastal ecosystems. To this end, we work in an inter- and transdisciplinary manner with our partners in the tropics. The ZMT is a member of the Leibniz Association.
The MEDIA-Unit is hiring a
Information Services Coordinator (gn)
Part time / Full time
for a start date of April 1st, 2023
The Information Services Coordinator works closely with various departments of the institution in order to support a diverse clientele of researchers and scholars.
The mission of ZMT as a research institute requires an infrastructure that will ensure research data discoverability and long term preservation. Open access mandates as well as copyright consideration, in addition to data protection laws, are becoming increasingly important. This position supports discovery of current and historically relevant publications and research data sets through digital applications and cross platform integration. The goal is to improve visibility and enduring access to current and legacy research output.
The position and the scope of duties:
Our open access institutional repository, based on Eprints software, presents the institutional publications output with academic journal publication as dominant format. The Information Services Coordinator facilitates access to resources by adding items to the repository and use of established metadata schema. This responsibility is overseen by the Head of the MEDIA Unit and integrated with library services.
Linking of bibliographic datasets as created for scholarly publications, to research data, merges traditional librarian’s responsibilities with research data infrastructure. Duties as assigned to the Information Services Coordinator are concentrated at the intersection of the MEDIA Unit and Research Data Services at ZMT.
- Perform cataloging of ZMT affiliated publications
- Establish linking of bibliographic records to digital research data
- Support stewardship of legacy data and related publications
- Metadata Curation and Maintenance: Assist with maintenance of metadata records in the library’s catalog and institutional repository, including integration of Open Researcher and Contributor IDs (ORCID)
- Document acquisition: locate, catalog and archive original full-text items that have an institutional affiliation
- Support library circulation activity and access services as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor degree in library or information sciences, or a degree in a social or natural science discipline combined with work experience or additional education that is relevant for the position. Applicants who completed their education as Specialist in Media- and Information Services, will also be considered. Willingness to cooperate closely with project partners and to work together with colleagues at the ZMT and the partner institutes on an interdisciplinary basis
- Experience working in an information-oriented environment, such as a library, and/or relevant experience in topics involving data science, data management
- Ability to read, write and communicate in German
- and English
- Understanding of metadata principles, familiarity with bibliographic descriptions, preferably knowledge of Resource Description & Access (RDA) standard for descriptive cataloging
- Experience with a variety of computer applications
- Impeccable attention to detail
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and that person may be one who comes from a less traditional background. Please think about how your qualifications are transferable even if you don’t meet every qualification requirement.
- A dynamic, interdisciplinary and international environment
- Interesting, versatile and challenging tasks
- Family-friendly working conditions with certification by the Work and Family Audit
- Diverse health promotion measures
Further information: Clara Bruns: firstname.lastname@example.org
ZMT is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with a disabilty with comparable qualification receive preferential status. The ZMT values its diverse workforce and pursues the goal of providing equal opportunity, which incorporates gender neutrality (gn). We will be happy to accept your documents without a photo.
The position is to be part-time or full-time for an initial two-year term.
The remuneration of the part-time or full-time position is, depending on qualifications and professional experience, up to pay group 9b TV-L.
Submission of application: Please send your application, including a short motivation letter, copies of degrees, a complete CV, names with email addresses and telephone numbers of two professional references by 10.02.2023 as a single pdf file with the reference number “5-MEDIA” to Ms. Lena de Carné, email: bewerbung(at)leibniz-zmt.de.
Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research, Fahrenheitstraße 6, D-28359 Bremen.