Nextcloud/PHP developer (m/f/d)
Leibniz-Institut für Psychologie (ZPID), Trier
The Leibniz Institute for Psychology Information (ZPID) in Trier (Germany) is an internationally renowned research support organization in psychology and a member of the prestigious Leibniz Association.
To fulfill the ever-increasing research infrastructure needs expressed by researchers and psychology professionals, ZPID is in the process of strategic expansion directed at meeting these needs to become psychology’s one-stop research service center. Current as well as future ZPID research areas and services are based on and guided by the values of open science and open innovation.
Join the growing ZPID team at the forefront of the open science movement! Current opening:
Nextcloud/PHP developer (m/f/d)
(salary group TV-L E 10, 50%, limited until July 31, 2022).
Preferred start date is June 1st, 2021 or later.
Duties and functions:
The successful applicant is expected to maintain an existing Nextcloud-based working environment for psychological research projects. In these working environments several research groups share and organize scientific data. You will ensure stable operation of the Nextcloud system, regular updates and similar system administration tasks. You will regularly coordinate with the research groups to configure the system to their needs and provide support, if necessary.
To enable data export from the working environment into long-term archiving, you will develop a Nextcloud app/plugin to prepare such an export. You will team up with other developers from our Digital Research Development Services to prepare APIs and other technical infrastructure in ZPID systems to enable data export.
You will collaborate closely with a team of computer scientists and information specialists and will participate in the full life cycle of development, including technical design of whole products, coding, testing, rollout and empirical evaluation of the final products.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or higher in computer science, software engineering or a related discipline
- An open mind to relate to the requirements of psychological experts and users, with the confidence to make own, informed suggestions for technical system design
- Independent working style
- Good communications skills and the ability to explain technical issues to nontechnical audiences
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of package management und code versioning (Git)
- Basic proficiency with the Linux and Unix command line
- Project management skills
For further information, please contact Roland Ramthun via rr(at)leibniz-psychology.org.
In order to apply, please register with our online portal here
and upload the following documents (until May 16, 2021):
- Cover letter addressing the motivation for the application and the selection criteria
- Relevant certificates of degree(s)
- optional: Names, affiliations and e-mail addresses of potential reference contacts
ZPID is committed to equal opportunities in employment and, in particular, to increasing the number of women in academic positions, where they are currently underrepresented.
We comply with guidelines regarding laws and regulations governing part-time employment. Among equally qualified applicants, candidates belonging to disadvantaged groups will be given preference. We are a family-friendly employer and have been certified by the audit Work & Family.
Please note that online applications will only be accepted until 5/16/2021 via the following URL: https://leibniz-psychology.jobbase.io/apply/2gwy6dpcn3wg4qhnpvryw6cy4jg4x5f.