PhD position (m/f/d)
Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. (ISAS), Dortmund und Berlin
The Leibniz Institute for Analytical Sciences - ISAS - e. V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. The ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
In the group Miniaturisation in Dortmund we invite applications for a
PhD position (m/f/d)
You will be responsible for
- Development of ionisation techniques for the direct analysis of dried blood spots
- Hyphenation of ionization sources and ion mobility spectrometry
- Measurement of autoinducer of Listeria Monocytogenes
- Ionisation sources
- Dielectric barrier discharges in general, flexible µ tube plasma and nano ESI in particular
- Development of methods for the characterisation of discharges for bioanalytical applications
- Masters, Diploma or equivalent degree in Physics, Chemistry or Biology
- Strong background and interest in applications of plasmas for analytical chemistry
- Experience with optical emission and absorption spectrometry or/ and mass spectrometry
- A strong interest for plasma physics would be required.
- A clear research topic as well as multifold training and support for PhD students in framework of ISAS and the Leibniz association
- Training and scientific development opportunities in an international environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team
- Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure in various analytical methods
- The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity between men and women, and is therefore interested in applications from women.
The salary will be according to the German TVL. The part-time position (65%) is offered for three years. The position is available immediately. The time limitation of the contract is based on the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (WissZeitVG).
Closing date for application is 8th October 2019. Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, a 2-page research statement that clearly describes your research profile and interests in the position as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names and contact information of 2 references, if available, should be submitted (quoting the reference number 25/2019 in the subject header) as a single pdf document to personal(at)isas.de.
Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human resources department (personal(at)isas.de).
For further information on the institute please see http://www.isas.de.