PhD position (m/f/d)
Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. (ISAS), Dortmund und Berlin
The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e.V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. The ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
In the department Biospectroscopy in Dortmund we invite applications for a
PhD position (m/f/d)
You will be involved in the
- Development of highly sensitive and reproducible mass spectrometry-based assays for the comprehensive investigation of minute amounts of cells (e.g. immune cell subpopulations)
- Improvement of cell isolation procedures accompanied by effective quality assurance for relevant sources (peripheral blood of experimental animals or human donors, defined tissue samples of experimental animals)
- Analytical characterization of improved methods for molecular analyses of low cell numbers (e.g. limit of detection/quantification, reproducibility, inter- and intra-individual variability)
- Application of the improved methodology to experimental animals or human donors/patients
- Analysis of generated data and communication within an interdisciplinary team made up of people working in natural-, life- and computer sciences as well as medicine
- Presentation of the results in the form of scientific publications as well as posters and lectures at national and international meetings
- University degree in biology, biotechnology, chemistry, medical biology or a related field
- Knowledge in the field of mass spectrometry / proteomics would be a plus
- Knowledge in the field of immunology and immune-mediated diseases is of advantage
- Experience with methods for immune cell isolation including cell sorting would be very helpful
- Structured and analytical way of working
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- A clear research topic as well as multifold training and support for postdocs in the framework of ISAS and the Leibniz association
- Opportunities for training and scientific development in an international environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team
- Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure in various analytical methods
- The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity for all employees and would therefore particularly encourage women to apply.
The salary will be according to the German TV-L. The position offers the opportunity to obtain a doctorate. It is a part-time position (65%) and offered for 3.5 years. The position is available immediately. The time limitation of the contract is based on the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (WissZeitVG).
ISAS collects and processes the personal data of its applicants in accordance with European and German legal regulations. Further information on data protection and the processing of personal data can be found at www.isas.de/datenschutzhinweise-fuer-bewerberinnen-und-bewerber.
Closing date for application is 16th May 2021. Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, copies of your diplomas , a 2-page research statement that clearly describes your research profile and interests in the position as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names and contact information of two referees, if available, should be submitted (quoting the reference number 08/2021 in the subject header) as a single pdf document to personal(at)isas.de.
Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human resources department (personal(at)isas.de).
For further information on the institute please see http://www.isas.de.