PhD student (f/m/d)
Leibniz-Zentrum für Agrarlandschaftsforschung (ZALF), Müncheberg
The mission of the Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) as a nationally and internationally active research institute is to deliver solutions for an ecologically, economically and socially sustainable agriculture – together with society. ZALF is a member of the Leibniz Association and is located in Müncheberg (approx. 35 minutes by regional train from Berlin-Lichtenberg). It also maintains a research station with further locations in Dedelow and Paulinenaue.
Within the framework of the ZALF project "PRO-PLANTEURS Research: Accompanying Research on Strategies for Income Improvement of Farming Families and Sustainable Cocoa Production" in the working group Sustainable Land Use in Developing Countries (SusLAND), we offer, subject to funding commitment, a part-time position (65%) at the location in Müncheberg, limited until 31.12.2024, as a
PhD student (f/m/d)
- Assess selected strategies to reduce the living income gap among cocoa farming households in Côte d'Ivoire
- Conduct ecological and economic analysis of different land use systems and assess the potential of land use transformations in developing adaptation towards climate change
- Develop a framework to help identify best-fit strategies for increasing and diversifying incomes of cocoa farming household that reduce poverty and make production in countries of the Global South more sustainable
- Publication of scientific papers and public results presentation
- Advanced University degree (Master or equivalent degree) in agricultural economics, economics or related fields
- Good knowledge on sustainable agriculture and socioeconomic analysis of agricultural production
- Good knowledge on survey designs and statistical analysis
- Excellent knowledge of French and English
- Fulfill the Humboldt Universität zu Berlin’s entry requirements for PhD studies
- Availability for extended periods of field activities in Côte d’Ivoire
- An interdisciplinary and international working environment
- Salary will follow the guidelines for public employees according to the German TV-L level of E13, including special annual payment
- The working place is in Müncheberg near Berlin, Germany. Mobile work of max. 40% of monthly working time is possible given reconciliation with project requirements
- ZALF offers individual options for career development such as accompanying PhD courses, mentoring and variable options to access scientific resources
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. Applications from severely disabled persons with equal qualifications are favored. Please send your application preferably by e-mail (one PDF file, max. 5 MB; packed PDF documents, archive files like zip, rar etc. Word documents cannot be processed and therefore cannot be considered!) with the usual documents, in particular CV, proof of qualification and certificates, stating the reference number 82-2021 until 12.12.2021 toBewerbungen(at)zalf.de.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact katharina.loehr(at)zalf.de.
For cost reasons, application documents or extensive publications can only be returned if an adequately stamped envelope is attached.
If you apply, we collect and process your personal data in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the EU GDPR only for the processing of your application and for purposes that result from possible future employment with the ZALF. Your data will be deleted after six months.
You can find further information at www.zalf.de/en/ueber_uns/Pages/Datenschutzerklaerung.aspx.