Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. (ISAS), Dortmund und Berlin
The Leibniz Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e.V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. The ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
In the NMR Group in Dortmund we invite applications for a
Post-doctoral position/Scientist (m/f/d)
The laboratory is interested in the metabolomics description of biological systems, both model systems based on cell-culture and patient derived tissue samples. NMR spectroscopy, fluorescence microscopy and expression analysis are the major methods employed in the work, however cooperation with mass spectrometric groups at the ISAS should also be strived for.
You will be responsible for:
- Running and maintaining a 600 MHz NMR spectrometer
- Conceptual planning of new NMR experiments
- Evaluation and interpretation of large data sets of metabolites
- Development of suitable statistical methods for data evaluation
- Supervision and assistance of experiments with internal and external cooperating/collaborating partners
- Presentation and publication of the research results as well as obtaining third party funding
- Applying for third party grants
- PhD in Lifescience (Biochemistry, Biology or related) or Physics/Chemistry with strong interests in Lifescience
- Advanced experience in Liquid-NMR spectroscopy
- Strong interest in metabolomics
- English (advanced), German (basics)
- Knowledge in Cell-culture/ 3D cell culture is eligible
- The ability to work both independently and as a team member is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills are preferable
- Scientific development opportunities in an international cooperative, interdisciplinary research environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team
- Duration 3 years
- Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure
- The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity for all employees and would therefore particularly encourage women to apply.
The salary will be according to the German TV-L. The full-time position is offered for three years and is available immediately.
ISAS collects and processes the personal data of its applicants in accordance with European and German legal regulations. Further information on data protection and the processing of personal data can be found at www.isas.de/datenschutzhinweise-fuer-bewerberinnen-und-bewerber.
Closing date for application is 24th September 2021. Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, copies of your diplomas as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names and contact information of 2 references, should be submitted (quoting the reference number 31/2021 in the subject header) as a single pdf document to personal(at)isas.de.
Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human resources department (personal(at)isas.de).
For further information regarding the institute, please see: http://www.isas.de.