Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. (ISAS), Dortmund und Berlin
The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e.V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. The ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
Our state-of-the art analytical infrastructure and well-funded research program utilizes metabolomics and imaging techniques along with multi-omics approaches to address challenges in biomedical research. For the group of Spatial Metabolomics in the department Bioanalytics at our location in Dortmund we invite applications for a
Post-doctoral position/Scientist (m/f/d).
We are looking for a highly motivated Post-doctoral candidate and therefore we welcome applications from well-qualified and experienced candidates to drive spatial metabolomics research projects mainly focused on improving treatment outcomes in cardiovascular and cancer diseases using mass spectrometry based imaging technologies.
You will be responsible for:
- To lead the new research directions in the development of MALDI-imaging based platform to study spatial metabolism in organoid model and clinical tissue samples
- Stable isotope tracer based study of temporal metabolic flux from 3D cell cultured models at cellular and sub-cellular levels using multi-modal imaging technologies combined with mass spectrometry imaging
- Provide trainings to technical staff and students as well as communicate and present results in conferences, group meetings and to external collaborators
- Actively participate in writing research publications and grants to disseminate the research output
- University degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biotechnology or a similar subject
- Expertise in mass spectrometry techniques particularly MALDI imaging
- Knowledge of light and fluorescence microscopy techniques and image analysis software
- Good communication skills in English. Knowledge of German can be an advantage
- Scientific development opportunities in an international cooperative, interdisciplinary research environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team
- Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure
- The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity for all employees and would therefore particularly encourage women to apply.
The salary will be according to the German TV-L. The full-time position is available immediately and offered for four years.
ISAS collects and processes the personal data of its applicants in accordance with European and German legal regulations. Further information on data protection and the processing of personal data can be found at www.isas.de/datenschutzhinweise-fuer-bewerberinnen-und-bewerber.
Closing date for application is 16th December 2021. Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, copies of your diplomas as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names and contact information of 2 references, should be submitted (quoting the reference number 46/2021 in the subject header) as a single pdf document to personal(at)isas.de.
Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human resources department (personal(at)isas.de).
For further information regarding the institute, please see http://www.isas.de.