Postdoctoral Researcher (gn)
Leibniz-Zentrum für Marine Tropenforschung GmbH (ZMT), Bremen
The Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research GmbH (www.leibniz-zmt.de) is an independent research and teaching institute that provides scientific knowledge for the protection and sustainable use of tropical coastal ecosystems. To this end, we work in an inter- and transdisciplinary manner with our partners in the tropics. The ZMT is a member of the Leibniz Association.
The working group “Submarine Groundwater Discharge” is looking for a
Postdoctoral Researcher (gn)
to engage with the various projects of the working group and to develop their own research in the field of groundwater-seawater interaction in relation to the tropics. Currently we work on topics spanning from global scale modeling of coastal groundwater to field observations of local scale submarine groundwater discharge (SGD), its geochemical reactions, biological effects and societal implications. We look for a strong and dedicated field researcher, who would lead the group’s fieldwork, support students and develop their own research profile with support from Nils Moosdorf. A connection to the modeling part of the group is also highly welcome.
- Background in geochemical research of submarine groundwater discharge (SGD)
- Strong skills in SGD-related field methods like Ra, Rn sampling, seepage meters and others
- Willingness and ability to independently perform field expeditions under difficult logistical conditions in tropical areas and lead students
- Excellent English writing skills and proven inclination to scientific publishing
- A strong interest to work in an interdisciplinary and solution oriented environment
- Curiosity, creativity and intrinsic motivation for your research topic
- An exciting working environment in an interdisciplinary and internationally oriented institute
- A highly motivated, solution oriented and inspiring group of colleagues
- Freedom and support to develop an own research profile
- A family-friendly diverse working environment
Salary will be paid according to the German TV-L (EG 13). The post will be filled as a full-time position starting in April 2023 for 3 years with a possibility of extension by another 3 years. ZMT is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with a disability with comparable qualification receive preferential status. ZMT is an equal opportunity employer. The ZMT values its diverse workforce and pursues the goal of providing equal opportunity, which incorporates gender neutrality.
Further information: Prof. Dr. Nils Moosdorf (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Submission of application: Please send your application by 15.02.2023 as a single pdf file with the reference number “6-SGD” to Ms. Lena de Carné, email: bewerbung(at)leibniz-zmt.de.
Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research, Fahrenheitstraße 6, D-28359 Bremen.