Postdoctoral Researcher in the field of materials for soft electronics (f/m/d)
INM - Leibniz-Institut für Neue Materialien (INM), Saarbrücken
The INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials in Saarbrücken, Germany, is an internationally leading center for materials research, a scientific partner to national and international research institutions, and a provider of research and development for companies throughout the world. The INM is an institute of the Leibniz Association and has about 250 employees.
INM’s research group Electrofluids investigates a new kind of materials consisting of electrically conductive particles suspended in insulating liquid matrices that form percolating networks with the aim of their integration in soft materials for applications like sensors, wearables, and robotics. The group studies the interplay between particle-particle friction, contact resistance, percolation, bulk resistance, and suspension viscosity. In our project funded by ERC (European Research Council), we are seeking a
Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d)
in the field of materials for soft electronics
(starting date: June 1st, 2021 (some flexibility), salary level 13 TV-L, 39,5h/week).
- development of electronic suspensions and encapsulation materials
- analysis of their rheoelectrical properties
- research on their integration in flexible devices
- characterization and testing the devices
- interaction with other group members and supervising students
- documentation and dissemination of results
- successful PhD in chemistry, physics, materials science, electrical engineering, or a related field
- strong and proven experience in either electronics, particle suspensions, or non-Newtonian fluids and interest in the other fields
- very good communication and writing skills, thorough command of the English language. Any other language knowledge is beneficial but no requisite
- scientifically interesting and technically relevant challenges in a motivated research group
- reliable institutional support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results
- an interdisciplinary and international workplace with excellent infrastructure
- living and working at the heart of the Greater Region D/F/L/B
- a comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, mobile working, company pension scheme)
We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, publication list, motivation letter, at least two references) by May 15th, 2021. Please send it via e-mail (single pdf file, less than 5 MB) to Dr. Lola González-García, lola.gonzalez-garcia(at)leibniz-inm.de, Reference: “PostDoc: Electrofluids”.
The INM is an equal-opportunity employer with a certified family-friendly policy. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Full time jobs can be generally divided.