Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d)
Leibniz-Institut für Nutztierbiologie (FBN), Dummerstorf
The Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology (FBN) is a foundation under public law and member of the Leibniz Association. The Institute with about 300 employees is performing fundamental and applied research in the field of the biology of farm animals. The Institute provides an interdisciplinary research environment and excellent experimental and analytical facilities.
The Institute of Reproduction Biology seeks a highly motivated
Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) in the field of Reproductive Biology
starting as soon as possible for a fixed term period of 3 years.
Reference number: 2019-30
The project aims to biochemically and physiologically characterize signal transduction pathways which are associated with reproductive dysfunctions in mammals. We investigate cystic ovarian follicles which are studied in a defined and established animal model in bovine. Cystic ovarian follicles are main reasons for female-derived infertility.
- The applicant should have a PhD/doctoral degree in natural science or similar sector
- Experience in writing research proposals and publications
- Profound knowledge in molecular and biochemical techniques
- Multifaceted and challenging research tasks in a performance‐oriented and family‐friendly environment
- Modern equipment and integration in international and national research projects
- Employment conditions according to the provisions of Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst der Länder (TV-L), remuneration at the level of salary grade 13 TV-L
- Participation in the company pension scheme (VBL)
- Assistance with formal issues while settling into the new living environment
We are an internationally-oriented research institute. The compatibility of career and family is one of our aims. The Institute is committed to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are under-represented and suitably qualified women are encouraged to apply. Candidates with disabilities will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications and capacity to complete the project. We explicitly encourage applications from international candidates. Candidates must fulfill the requirements for temporal contracts according to § 2 Abs. 1 WissZeitVG.
Application and travel expenses in the context of the application cannot be reimbursed. By submitting your application, you consent to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of the application procedure.
For detailed information contact PD Dr. J. Weitzel, weitzel(at)fbn-dummerstorf.de, 038208/68788.
We look forward to your application. Please send applications, including a detailed CV, copies of diplomas and certificates, and the contact information of one reference either via post to
Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology (FBN)
Verwaltung (St.Nr: 2019-30)
or per e-mail to personal(at)fbn-dummerstorf.de.
The selection process is starting now and will be continued until staffing.
Further information can be found under www.fbn-dummerstorf.de.