Postdoctoral Scientist (m/f/d)
Leibniz-Institut für Lebensmittel-Systembiologie (LSB), Freising
The Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich (Leibniz- LSB@TUM), a legal foundation under civil law in Freising, is a research institution of the Leibniz Association that combines methods of biomolecular basic research with analysis methods of bioinformatics and analytical high-performance technologies to investigate the complex interplay between the human organism and food ingredients.
The research group Taste & Odor Systems Reception at Leibniz-LSB@TUM is currently looking for a scientist to start on 01.07.2021 as
Postdoctoral Scientist (m/f/d) in the field of chemical sensory science
The position is to be filled on a full-time (100%, TV-L 13) basis for a period of 2 years.
The research group investigates the molecular basis of human taste and odor perception, its impact on food selection and the role of taste and odorant receptors in non-sensory tissues. The open position is devoted to strengthen our activities at the intersection of taste and odor reception. The project involves the use of a well-established cellular assay to identify receptors activated by food-related compounds and to characterize key-features of agonists as well as receptor-specific pharmacological properties. The development of refined as well as novel assays for chemoreceptors will be another task of this project.
Your area of responsibility includes
- Refinement, development and running of cell-based chemoreceptor assays
- Generation of expression constructs, cell lines and intestinal organoids
- Teaching of co-workers, students in laboratory techniques
The ideal applicant has
- A PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related field
- Extensive experience in molecular biological, biochemical and cell biological methods (additional expertise in related areas is highly appreciated)
- Ability to work independently and focused
- Solid German and English communication skills
- Organizational skills and is highly team-oriented
Together with internationally recognized experts, you conduct research aimed at improving foodstuffs and promoting healthy human nutrition.
In addition to a varied workplace where your performance counts, we offer
- a performance-related salary in accordance with TV-L, in-line with your personal qualifications and the personal prerequisites
- an interesting and varied task area in the field of academic research
- a motivated team that is looking forward to welcoming you
- flexible working times and therefore good compatibility of work and family
- company pension scheme
- special annual payment
In the case of essentially reciprocal suitability, severely-disabled applicants as defined SGB IX will be preferred.
Please address any research related questions to Dr. Maik Behrens (email@example.com) and send your application with the usual documents/containing your comprehensive cv and transcripts as well as names of three potential references electronically to the following address, citing the reference number 2021-08-S2-MB:
Anja Magalowski (Human Resources Department) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take advantage of this opportunity and contact us!
Further information: www.leibniz-lsb.de