Research data manager (m/f/d)
Leibniz-Institut für Nutztierbiologie (FBN), Dummerstorf
The Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology (FBN), based in Dummerstorf near Rostock, is a foundation under public law and member of the Leibniz Association. About 300 employees are performing basic and applied research in the field of the biology of farm animals. The Institute provides an interdisciplinary research environment and excellent experimental and analytical facilities.
Germany is establishing a long-term national initiative for research data (NFDI) as a dynamic network of services for research data management. The FBN is co-applicant in the NFDI4Biodiversity consortium that will support standards-conform acquisition, storage, analysis and publication of research data from the biodiversity community. The FBN is offering a
Research data manager (m/f/d)
for 4 years starting preferably 1.1.2021.
Reference number: 2020-25
The candidate will be involved in all steps of research data management for farm animals: acquisition, preparation, storage and publication of data. Part of the project will be to establish links from digital research data to physical samples (sample repositories, i.e. biobank) from different sources under consideration of the requirements of NFDI4Biodiversity.
Moreover it is also desired from the candidate to actively participate within the NFDI4Biodiversity consortium and the international biodiversity community.
The candidate will be interacting with members of the Research Data Management Group, the Institute of Genetics and Biometry the FBN, e.g., long-term preservation, publication, and quality issues of data management.
The goal is to make data usable and reusable according to the FAIR principles and established metadata standards.
- We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified candidate with a University degree (MSc-level) in Informatics or Bioinformatics
- Three plus years work experiences in data management, including data preparation (filtering, quality as well as plausibility checks), data storing (databases) and data monitoring, and also knowledge in biostatistics are needed
- Programming skills are essential, like PostgreSQL, R, Java
- Willingness to work with various kinds of data formats and to support and develop further data standards (FAIR Principles) and formulating scientific question based on new generated data
- Working skills: team player but also to work reliable and independently is needed
- Good knowledge of English (oral and written) as well as a high-level of communication skills are essential
We are offering:
- Multifaceted and challenging research tasks in a performance-oriented and family-friendly environment
- Modern equipment and integration in international and national research projects
- Employment conditions according to the provisions of Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst der Länder (TV-L)
- Remuneration at the salary grade 13 TV-L (100%), if the personal requirements are met
- Participation in the company pension scheme (VBL)
- Assistance with formal issues while settling into the new living environment, as well as with the integration into a dynamic and innovative research area
We are a modern, internationally oriented research institute. The compatibility of work and family is one of our central concerns. The Leibniz-FBN is committed to increase the proportion of women in areas where they are under-represented and suitably qualified women are encouraged to apply. Candidates with disabilities will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications and capacity to complete the project. We explicitly encourage applications from international candidates.
For more detailed information please contact Prof. Klaus Wimmers (wimmers(at)fbn-dummerstorf.de).
Application and travel expenses in the context of the application cannot be reimbursed. By submitting your application, you consent to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of the application procedure.
We look forward to your application. Please send your application (preferable as a single pdf-file), including letter of motivation, detailed CV, copies of diplomas and certificates, and the contact information of references to:
Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology
Verwaltung (St.-Nr. 2020-25)
or via e-mail to personal(at)fbn-dummerstorf.de.
Subject: Verwaltung (St.-Nr. 2020-25)
The application and employment process to hire an eligible candidate are being accepted now and will run until an appropriate candidate is identified. For further information please visit our website at www.fbn-dummerstorf.de.