Student Assistant (f/m/d)
Leibniz-Zentrum für Marine Tropenforschung GmbH (ZMT), Bremen
The Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research (www.leibniz-zmt.de) in Bremen is a member of the Leibniz Association, which is supported by the German Federal and State Governments. Through its research, ZMT contributes to developing science-based strategies for sustainable use of tropical coastal systems.
The ZMT has one position available for a
Student Assistant (f/m/d)
to support the research group “Resource Management” for Project HUMBOLDT-TIPPING
(Reference number: Humboldt- 156)
- Assist in the stock assessment of Peruvian living resources through acquisition and preparation of input data, technical assistance during the assessment procedure of the assessment(s), and reporting
- Data and background literature acquisition for the performance evaluation of different life history tools (ELEFAN II, TropFishR, LFEM)
- Bachelor or Master student with a background in Marine Biology & Ecology, Fisheries Sciences, or related fields, with an interest in marine population dynamics
- Familiarity to fluency with R are a requirement for this position
- Prior knowledge of fish stock assessment procedures is a strong asset
No coding supervision can be provided by the project advisor. Help in identifying suitable data sets and sources and data output formats can be provided, if necessary.
Working knowledge of Spanish is an asset, as are experience in having worked with data from Peruvian fishing and oceanographic authorities and the Instituto del Mar del Perú.
- Able to follow directions and complete required tasks on time
- Patience and attentive consideration to details of the working tasks at hand
- Effective time management and planning
Details of Position:
- 10 hours per week or up to maximum 40 hours per month
- Start date is flexible, but ideally February 2020
- Possibility for extension to the following semesters and related BSc and MSc thesis topics
For additional information, please contact Dr. Moritz Stäbler (moritz.staebler(at)leibniz-zmt.de)
- An exciting working environment in an interdisciplinary and internationally oriented institute and research project
- Possibilities to build and extend an international professional network and participate in a research field of high public and scientific interest
- A family-friendly working environment
ZMT is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants with a migration background are welcome. Disabled persons with comparable qualification receive preferential status.
With a diving certificate and diving experience we give you the opportunity for further qualification in this area and the opportunity to participate in research expeditions.
Submission of Application:
If you are interested in applying to this position, please send your application letter including a short CV and the reference number “Humboldt- 156” via E-Mail as a single pdf file to Ms. Lena Oehlmann (bewerbung(at)leibniz-zmt.de) by January, 24, 2020.