The research group Chromosome structure and function is interested in the process of chromosome segregation.
In the framework of a research project, which aims to elucidate the epigenetic regulation of kinetochore assembly in plants using Arabidopsis thaliana as a model, we are looking for a highly motivated
to support our team.
- You are going to study how a knockout of the cenH3 (centromeric histone H3) assembly factor KNL2 influences the methylation of the global Arabidopsis genome and how the directed targeting of epigenetic factors like MET1 and VIM1 to centromeres regulate kinetochore assembly and function
- You will perform molecular cloning, plant transformation, characterization of Arabidopsis mutants, and biochemical and cytological methods
You fit to us:
- You are a bright, highly motivated, and enthusiastic person
- You are interested in plant cell biology and genetics
- You have good communication skills
- You have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
Your qualifications and skills:
- You own a master degree in plant biology, genetics, biochemistry, or related field
- You have a background in plant physiology, biochemistry and molecular biology. Experience in the field of cytology and epigenetics is a strong asset but not essential
- You do have solid English skills, which are a prerequisite for an effective work in our multicultural working environment
We offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a world-class research center with state-of-the-art facilities and scientists from all over the world
- A collegial working atmosphere
- A project based limited position for 36 months, starting at the earliest on March 15th, 2019
- A gross salary up to 65% E 13 TV-L
If you need further information on the position offered, please feel free to contact Dr. Inna Lermontova (lermonto(at)ipk-gatersleben.de), https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3386-2590.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We look forward to receiving your online application (http://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/job-offers/) until February 15th, 2019.
Questions about the application process, kindly address to our Recruiting Team (jobs(at)ipk-gatersleben.de) by indicating the reference number 01/01/19 in your correspondence.