Our research areas are:
• Dynamics of social inequalities
• Markets and choice
• Society and economic dynamics
• International politics and law
• Dynamics of political systems
• Migration and diversity
• Political economy of development
Around 200 scientists from various disciplines work together at the WZB, mainly from sociology, political science, economics, and law. Research results are published for the scientific community as well as for experts in politics, business, the media and civic organizations.
The WZB closely cooperates with Berlin universities. Its research directors also hold chairs at universities in Berlin and beyond.
The WZB was founded in 1969 by members of the German parliament from the CDU/CSU and the SPD.